I’m winning!!! Yay for posting on Tuesday like I said I was going to!!!! Okay…so you might not be excited, but I’m going to mark this as an accomplishment.
Today is moving day once again for the RAs and early arrival residents of Dahl Hall as the phase one of the Dahl renovation starts to close. 8 p.m. tonight means that I’ll be moving out of room 133 and down the hall to a brand-spankin’-new room. I can’t say that I’m too upset about having to leave this room behind.
It’s been kind of a rough week to be honest. I’m excited about the renovation, but that doesn’t mean that I appreciate the contractors starting their power tools at 6:30 in the morning. No me gusta. I’m lacking in sleep, which is mostly my fault, but it doesn’t make me any more okay with it. Training means long days sitting in sessions about things that, though I know are extremely useful, I find boring considering that I’ve sat through a lot of it before as a returner. But, you know, I could just…NOT have a job. But what I’m ultimately getting at is that with all of this stuff combined together, I’ve found myself kind of down in the dumps. I’m doing everything I can to make myself stay positive and so I’m going to compose a list of things that are helping me to keep moving forward.
1. I was introduced to the lovely beverage known as Arnold Palmers. I drank my first one on Friday night and I’ve drank four more since then. Honestly, there’s one sitting within reaching distance to my right currently. I’m not ashamed. They make me happy.
2. I’ve been spending oodles of time with some awesome people. I’m very appreciative of Molly for allowing me to take over parts of her house with my decorations for most of the weekend, Lexy and her boyfriend Lewis for letting me (and helping me) burn pieces of my door decs at Lewis’s house, Sara for being such a sweet and caring individual during some vent sessions, and to my staff for just being awesome enough to make me smile. If it wasn’t for these people, I probably would have turned and run this past week.
3. I have at least two British residents who will be residing on my floor. Britain makes me happy.
4. I started a new book. Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. I rather enjoyed The DaVinci Code when I read it a couple years ago and I’m finally getting around to reading another one by him. I’m impressed so far.
5. Ella (short for Elephant) the ficus is still alive. This means that I can have nice things like house plants and not worry.
This is just a short list of things, but at least I have a list.
I suppose that I should get back to gathering my stuff together to move it in six hours. I’m also going to wear a dress tonight for our banquet. These are two individual thoughts. But I thought that maybe they should be put next to each other. You can think of me as you wish.
I uploaded a vlog last Thursday as an introduction to my new mission. I’d love it if you went to go watch it, but I’m not standing behind you with a fork to the back of your head forcing you to do anything. So do what you like, but I’d still appreciate it if you subscribed. :] The link is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgV3i5Tqojc.
I hope that the end of your summer is bringing happiness to you rather than dismay, but I won’t blame you if you’re upset about classes starting up again; not everyone can be as excited about school as I am.
Until next time,