Okay. Wow. Uhm. Months. Months. That is disgusting.
I had the fullest intentions of being a better blogger. And where did that get me? Nowhere.
Needless to say: I’ve been busy as all get out.
So. Let’s do a quick catch-up, shall we?
In the six (holy shit. SIX?!) months that I’ve been gone, I’ve done a plethora of things. (I love that word…plethora.)
I’ve edited a book. American Fiction Vol. 12. I was going to write a blog post right after the editing process of that book finished titled ‘Insert Coma Here’ and it was going to feature all of the crazy antics that Beth, Sam, Ian, and I got up to. We’ve got some pretty brilliant quotes. My personal favorite? “Sometimes my thoughts come out as things that shouldn’t happen.” Yeah. I said that. I still say it. It’s just so damn relevant.
I turned 21. Shoot. I’m old. Kidding. Okay. Seriously kidding. But really. Twenty-one. That’s quite the number! A smidgen more that a fifth of my life! How crazy is that?! I spent the night with my parents, my aunt, random neighbors, and my high school band director. There isn’t much for stories from that night, but I’m not complaining. I do recall going home that night from the bars and eating a taco when my sister’s boyfriend showed up. I’m pretty sure he’s never seen me sober. That’s a problem. I should fix that. OH WAIT. Christmas. I was sober on Christmas. Eh. I think he wants to be my friend regardless.
Here’s a big one: I FINALLY WENT TO NYC!!! I was going to blog everyday while I was there. Then I failed. Like…an obvious epic fail. Eh. Over it. If you want to know about my adventures in the city and I have yet to talk to you about them in person, call me or something. I will talk about NYC for hours.
Remember how I said that there had been a plethora of things happen to me? Yeah…apparently I’m either not that exciting or I just can’t remember the awesome things that happen in my life. Hmm…probably both.
So that’s the past. What’s in store for the future? Here’s a quick, tentative outline:
- A weekly blogging schedule. Have a topic you want me to discuss? I’ll talk about it. I’m always looking for inspiration.
- Ireland. Yes!! I’m going to the homeland!! I’ll be spending two weeks in Ireland on a literary tour! I’m extremely excited! I plan to see a ton of theatre. That’s ultimately what I want to do my final project on for that trip. 65 days until our departure!
- I’m not moving back in with my parents for the summer. I’ll be living off-campus with Hannah and two other girls. I’m extremely excited for this to happen. It’s like my life is trying to begin but it doesn’t know how. Hopefully this will start that up.
- I graduate (hopefully) in December. Ho. Lee. Shit. Graduating?!! YES! I mean…I’ll be honest. I’m on the other side of a panic attack over this. I’m trying to schedule classes. I feel like I’m dying. It’s not a good feeling. But I’m hoping that it all works out in the end.
- I’m moving to NYC in June 2013. I’m going to make it happen. And if not NYC, the East coast for sure. I will do EVERYTHING in my power to make my dreams come true. I want to work in publishing. I will do it. So take THAT Sandra Pearce.
And that’s my life in a nutshell currently. I haven’t put any of this into writing before. I feel like it’s a bit more final now that it’s written out. I like it.
As for my 101 in 1001 list: I’m still chuggin’ along. Some of them can be checked off that I haven’t gotten around to checking off yet. I plan to tackle a whole shit ton of it this summer. Like a champ. Or something cliché like that.
Anyway. To tie this all together: Today is a new day. I’ve become pretty good friends with someone whose slogan is “I hope today is the best day of your life so far.” I’m not sure how much he realizes that he’s slowly changing my life, but I hope to God that has even the slightest inkling of it. Years from now, no matter how old I get, or where I’m living, or where I’m working: I want to live each day like it’s the best day of my life so far. If my day isn’t awesome, I’m doing something wrong.
Next week’s topic: John Green. Get ready for it, kids. I’ll be talking about The Fault in Our Stars and how John Green has changed my life. UNLESS someone gives me another topic. But I have to talk about life-changing books. Have to. I feel like I’m not doing my job as an English major if I don’t talk about books every once in awhile.
Speaking of English majors: Did anyone at MSUM see that there’s going to be a special topics course on Harry Potter?? My registration window opens next Wednesday. I’m in.
Okay. I’m done rambling for a bit.